If you stumbled across this article, it means that in your heart you have the same questions and you want answers to them, don’t you? All right, never stress too much, as I have decided to provide answers to those questions today.
“Facebook also added a purchasing and selling transaction to the web in order to make Facebook social networking sites fulfill the needs of users aside from only having friends, and it is called” the Facebook Marketplace.
Like eBay, Amazon, the Facebook Marketplace built into Facebook allows over 800 million users to purchase, sell, and exchange goods and services with other people in their region every month.
In the marketplace, business transactions may be conducted by people from far and near. Sellers will pitch up their goods and sellers can be connected to the prospective buyers and at the end, the deal is pulled through.
Your goods must fulfill the terms and conditions of the marketplace in order to be a vendor in the marketplace.
Below are flags that will disqualify goods from being sold in the marketplace:
- Abstract item: You cannot sell anything that is not a physical product. For example, “in search of” posts, news, jokes, and lost and found posts, are highly prohibited.
- Photo and descriptions that don’t tally: The photos of the item pitched up for sale must tally with the description and title of the item.
- Healthcare: Healthcare-related items aren’t allowed (for example thermometers, first aid kits).
- Services or event tickets: You can only sell a service (example: house cleaning) or event tickets on Marketplace with Facebook’s written permission. Learn more about our policies on services and event tickets.
- Before and after pictures: Products for sale on Facebook cannot show a before and after picture (example: a photo showing skin tone).
- Animals: Selling animals is not permitted on Marketplace or buy and sell groups including posting about animals for adoption.
Furthermore, you can access the Facebook Marketplace directly or through your Facebook mobile app. If you have tried to open the Facebook website or app and the Facebook Marketplace icon is not showing, there are possible causes to that.
Why You Cannot Access the Facebook Marketplace
Here are the reasons why you don’t have the Facebook Marketplace.
2. Your home region isn’t supported: Facebook Marketplace is only available in 50 countries including the United States, Canada, and Australia. If your home address on your Facebook profile is set to a country that isn’t supported, the Facebook Marketplace icon will not appear.
3. You may be in an unsupported country: Traveling to a country that isn’t supported by Facebook Marketplace may also make the option disappear from the Facebook site and apps.
4. The iPod touch isn’t supported. Facebook Marketplace shows on iOS app on the iPhone and iPad. However, it won’t show up when using an iPod touch.
5. Newly Opened Facebook account: If your Facebook account is new, you are likely not to find Facebook Marketplace as it does not appear at all to new Facebook users. This is likely done to prevent spammers from creating new accounts and selling fake products soon after having previous accounts banned from the platform.
6. Dynamic menu. The main icon menu within the Facebook apps is actually dynamic and will display shortcuts to Facebook features that you use the most. If you go a while without using Facebook Marketplace, the icon may disappear or be replaced with another one for groups, video, or some other Facebook feature.
You might also want to consider: How to add Market Place on Facebook