Have you set up your Facebook Avatar yet
Last year, especially during the lockdown, where a lot of people had just their phones to keep them company, there was a lot of screen time on Facebook, and a lot of people grew interests in the Facebook avatar feature. So, have you set up your Facebook avatar yet? If not, you’re not alone, and this article will be your guide to create your own avatar.
Have You Set Up Your Facebook Avatar Yet
Facebook avatar is a new feature on Facebook that is similar to Apple’s Memoji and Snapchat’s Bitmoji. These are cartoonish representation of a user that can be used for a number of activities. The Facebook avatar can be used as profile pictures, uploaded and shared with friends, and also to send and reply messages. If you are yet to set up your Facebook avatar, do well to follow me right to the next section.
How to Set Up Your Facebook Avatar
The Facebook avatar is easy to create, and we shall be diving right into it straight away, just follow me up along with your Facebook app and do the following:
- Select Avatars.
- Tap on Next to get started.
- Select your skin tone of choice and tap next.
- Choose a hairstyle for your avatar. You may select short, long, or medium, don’t forget the color of your hairstyle, too.
- Select the face shape of your avatar, complexions, and face lines.
- Next, Select an eye shape and color for your avatar.
- Select an eyebrow shape and color.
- Next, Select a pair of glasses if you want your avatar to be bespectacled.
- Next, customize the nose and mouth of your avatar.
- Select the beards and facial hair for your avatar.
- Choose a body shape for your avatar.
- Choose your avatar outfit.
- When you’re done with these, tap on ‘Next’, then ‘Done’.
Once you’ve completed these steps, your avatar is now set and ready for use, which brings us to the next question – how do I use my Facebook avatar.
How to Use Facebook Avatar
Your Facebook avatar can be used in a number of ways, some of them include the following:
- using your avatar as your Facebook profile picture.
- Using your Facebook avatar to send and reply to messages on Facebook just like you would use an emoji.
- You can share your avatar with friends on Facebook, and can also share with people across all Facebook-related apps.
If you can’t have access to the Facebook avatar feature on your phone, here are some tips that you may find helpful:
- Make sure your Facebook app is up to date.
- Make sure you’re in a region that the Facebook avatar feature is currently available. The avatar is still a new rollout and is available in the US, Australia, India, and some other countries.
If you’re not in a region that is supported by a Facebook avatar, don’t beat yourself up about it. Just like every other Facebook feature, it’s only a matter of time before it will be readily available in all countries for the whole Facebook community worldwide.